Thread: The Killing ..."Who Killed Rosie Larsen?"

Rep
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

The Killing ..."Who Killed Rosie Larsen?"

Registered users don't see these ads.
    Anyone else watching this ? Another great series from AMC. Have enjoyed it so much that I'm now downloading so I can force friends to watch it too.

THE KILLING

From writer, executive producer and series showrunner Veena Sud (Cold Case), The Killing is based on the wildly successful Danish television series Forbrydelsen and tells the story of the murder of a young girl in Seattle and the subsequent police investigation. Season one will consist of thirteen one-hour episodes and airs Sundays at 10PM | 9C. For a full list of The Killing broadcast times, check out AMC's online schedule.

The Killing ties together three distinct stories around a single murder including the detectives assigned to the case, the victim's grieving family, and the suspects. Set in Seattle, the story also explores local politics as it follows politicians connected to the case. As the series unfolds, it becomes clear that there are no accidents; everyone has a secret, and while the characters think they've moved on, their past isn't done with them.

The Killing stars Mireille Enos (Big Love) as Sarah Linden, the lead homicide detective that investigates the death of Rosie Larsen; Billy Campbell (Once and Again) as Darren Richmond, Seattle's City Council President and now running for Mayor; Joel Kinnaman (Snabba Cash) as Stephen Holder, an ex-narc cop who joins the homicide division in the investigation to find Rosie's killer; Michelle Forbes (True Blood) as Rosie's mother, Mitch Larsen; and Brent Sexton (W., In the Valley of Elah) as Rosie's father, Stan Larsen. The pilot was directed by Patty Jenkins (Monster).

Filmed in Vancouver, The Killing is produced by Fox Television Studios and executive produced by Mikkel Bondesen (Burn Notice) for Fuse Entertainment. Fuse's Kristen Campo co-produces. AMC’s Joel Stillerman, senior vice president of original programming, production and digital content, Susie Fitzgerald, senior vice president of scripted development and current programming and Jason Fisher, senior vice president of production oversee production of the series for the network.

The Killing season finale, Episode 13, "Orpheus Descending," premieres on Sun., Jun. 19 at 10PM | 9C on AMC.

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've been watching it as well.
    But if the sun will rise, bring us tomorrow, walk with me...

Rep
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I started watching it and found it to be slower the molasses going uphill in the winter. Also found it dry and dull

Rep
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Season 2 started last night - I'm a tad late.

Really well done show - sitting on my PVR now.

Rep
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Watched an episode last night, kinda hooked me.

Rep
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    Watched an episode last night, kinda hooked me.
    Did you watch season 1 ? If not get downloading.

I think basically any show done on AMC is probably good - I'm sure I'd probably like Mad Men - but I'm already watching SO many shows.

Rep
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    This show is back for Season 3, I really like it.

They have really stepped it up this year and they are chasing a serial killer.

Rep
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Damn.

The Killing Cancelled Again by AMC

The Killing has been cancelled once again. Last year, AMC chose not to renew the series after its second season, but Fox Television Studios, who produced The Killing, worked hard to bring it back. There were discussions about it finding a new home all together, but ultimately, AMC did resurrect the series -- which starred Mireille Enos and Joel Kinnaman -- with an assist from Netflix, who were given a relatively short turnaround on exclusively being able to stream Season 3.

However, with ratings still far lower than they'd been during the show's Season 1 apex, the general "much improved" fan reaction to Season 3 wasn't enough and the end is here for Linden (Mireille Enos) and Holder (Joel Kinnaman). AMC said in a statement, "We have made the difficult decision not to move forward with a fourth season of The Killing. We want to thank our great partners at Fox Television Studios, creator Veena Sud, an extraordinary cast and the dedicated fans who watched."

Fox Television Studios' own statement seems to signal that they are not going to attempt to find another home for the show. "Fox Television Studios is extremely proud of all three seasons of The Killing. We’re especially gratified to have orchestrated a unique deal with AMC for season three that included a bold partnership with Netflix. While we would have loved to produce a fourth season for AMC, FTVS is immensely grateful to everyone involved with this moving series: our brilliant cast, led by Mireille Enos, Joel Kinnaman and season three's Peter Sarsgaard, our stellar executive producer, Veena Sud, a remarkable writing and producing team, and a tireless, dedicated crew. Most of all, FTVS thanks the terrific fans of The Killing, who communicated their appreciation for the show throughout its run."

Even as the show received increased criticism towards the end of Season 1 and into Season 2, Enos and Kinnaman received a ton of acclaim for their performances and the actors are now much in demand. Enos is coming off the hit World War Z this summer, while Kinnaman will play the title role in next year's RoboCop.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/09/1...d-again-by-amc

Rep
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Annnnnd its Back again - Sort of

The Killing Is Coming Back from Cancelation (Again!) for Season 4, Debuting on Netflix

Someone is just having fun now with The Killing. The crime series was cancelled, for the second time, earlier this year. And now, for the second time, it's been resurrected, with Netflix announcing they will exclusively debut Season 4.

Season 4 will be a short one, comprised of just six episodes and is being promoted as the final season for the series (though at this point, should we believe them!?). Regardless, The Killing: Season 4's existence is something of a TV miracle at this point. The show debuted to great reviews and buzz for AMC, but lost much of its support by the end of Season 1, with many turned of by where its murder mystery plot went - or didn't go, as it were. Season 2 saw viewership drop and AMC cancelled the series.

However, Fox Television Studios, who produce The Killing, were determined to try and save it and a new deal was struck that caused AMC to bring it back at a lower cost, with Netflix paying to stream the series. But with numbers still low -- and despite many feeling the show was creatively much stronger in Season 3 -- the series was again cancelled by AMC this year, and thought to be dead for good this time. But yet again, Fox Television Studios has found a way for the show to continue, striking a new deal for The Killing to become a Netflix original series.

Stars Mireille Enos and Joel Kinnaman will return for Season 4, as will the show's creator/executive producer, Veena Sud.

“The rich, serialized storytelling in The Killing thrives on Netflix, and we believe that it is only fitting to give Sarah Linden and Stephen Holder a proper send off,” said Cindy Holland, vice president of original content for Netflix. “We are looking forward to offering fans - both existing and new - a series that we know is perfectly suited for on-demand viewing.”

David Madden, president, Fox Television Studios, commented, “It’s a true testament to The Killing creator Veena Sud, and the stellar cast led so compellingly by Mireille Enos and Joel Kinnaman, that fans remained so passionate about the show. We’re gratified that our partners at Netflix recognized this, and are giving us the opportunity to complete the story in a way that will be satisfying to our loyal audience."

Rep
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Sweet, I enjoyed that show

Rep
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    Sweet, I enjoyed that show
    Season three was awesome the best yet - I guess they lost a lot of viewers by dragging out the first case for two seasons.

Rep
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Season Four Premiere Date Announced

The Killing: Netflix Announces Date for Final Season

The resurrected TV drama returns August 1.

Netflix revealed earlier today that The Killing will return for its final season August 1.

Canceled by AMC (again) late last year, The Killing was resurrected by Netflix just months later. Now, the streaming video company has announced that the TV drama will premiere August 1 for its fourth — and final — season. Like other Netflix shows, it appears all-new episodes for the entire season will drop at the same time this summer.

AMC originally canceled the TV show, starring Mireille Enos and Joel Kinnaman, after Season 2, with viewership dropping toward the end of a strong initial season because fans were frustrated with where the murder-mystery plot did — and didn't — go. While many thought Season 3 of The Killing was creatively better and more intriguing, the numbers still didn't hold up for AMC to continue the series, and so entered Netflix.

The Killing creator/executive producer Veena Sud also will return for Season 4 with Enos and Kinnaman.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/04/2...r-final-season

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Awesome news! I was very disappointed to find out it wasn't being renewed after season 3.

Rep
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    "The Killing" - Final Season Trailer

Great show.

Trailer for Seasons 1-3 on Netflix now.

Thread Information