Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AIL Canada

Rep

AIL Canada

Hey gang...

Just curious...has anyone else been recruited by this company in Halifax? I had them contact me after seeing my resume on Career Beacon. I checked into their website and talked to a few people but no one really seems to know much about them. Just curious if anyone else knows anything about them or someone who is one of their clients? Any info would help!

Thanks!!

Rep
    I did some research including a thread on here (sorry don't have time to search) but it seems there is a lot of cold calling and people making money from Pyrimd type scheme as they recurit to make money off of you. I don't reccommend.

Rep
    From what I remeber, you get paid for training but after that it's commission based only and AIL will send you leads that you have to pay for. You don't start making any real income until you have your pyramid built, I'm not sure on the specifics but it's some what like each leg you have you make 10% amount, then for each leg lower it's 5%, etc, etc...
    Those percentages are just examples, not sure on the actuals.

It's really good money if your driven and don't mind cold calling 100-200 people in the run of a day.

This was back in 2006, Things with them may have changed since then.

Rep
    Good point.
    These are all things I heard before. I am driven enough to succeed.
    Just not sure this is the right move for me.

Rep
    Primerica?
    "UPPER CUT TO THE HEAD MAKE UR JAW SHATTER LIKE U FELL OFF A TALL LADDER"

Rep
    Its not the right move. They just blanket everyone with a resume online hoping to get a few people. I believe its financial sales kind of like clarica.

Rep
    I went for an interview with them once. They did a presentation and then took you in for a one on one interview. I got to the 1 on 1 interview part, walked in the room and told them it wasn't for me. They do pay you for training....then you have to get your insurance designation within a certain period of time, I believe they pay for some of it but only if you pass....this was about 3 years ago so I don't remember clearly. I do remember that they deal in life insurance and they give you leads and you go into peoples homes and do presentations for them and try to get them to buy plans. You receive a commission from each policy you set up for the life of it...so each year you get royalties.

n00b
    Rep
    Hey, just an FYI....in Canada, pyramid schemes, such as this are 100% ILLEGAL. And everyone involved in it could be punished to the full extent of the law.
    I was called for an interview by this company as well, and the questions I was asked over the phone were very lame and repetitive. It did not sound like a typical 'phone interview' and was obvious the person on the other end didn't have a clue as to what they were doing. I almost went to the actual interview, but saw that this 'company' was located in a run-down building in a sleazy neighborhood. There wasn't even a sign anywhere on the building (I was looking for a big one with Canada in it), they didn't even have a sign on the door to the building's lobby. I looked through the window and saw their name on a directory in very small letters. I just turned around and went home. If they are so 'national', they would be able to afford a better office building,

I recommend to stay away from these guys, there's trouble written all over it.

If you're wondering about a company's reputation, a good place to look is the Better Business Bureau. You can find out how long they've been around, even if they're not accredited with the BBB, and it will also show you how many customer complaints in the last few years, the name of the founder, etc.

n00b
    Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by ~*SuzieQ*~ View Post
    I did some research including a thread on here (sorry don't have time to search) but it seems there is a lot of cold calling and people making money from Pyrimd type scheme as they recurit to make money off of you. I don't reccommend.
    well i just got hired and it is nothing like that at all you make a weekley wage regardless if you get sales or not it is actually pertty good yes you have to go see so many people a week but you still get paid yes the higer you get up in a company the more you make of course but the point is you still get paid

n00b
    Rep
    oh yes things have changed you make 500 a week take home reguardless if you get sales or not as long as you can go visit 20 ppl they give you per week and they are generous with the bonus too when you do make a sale
    reply to watcha comment
    Last edited by red; 05-07-2011 at 10:15 AM.

Rep
    they called me for an interview, not even sure how they got my contact. googled it after i got off the phone and never showed. primerica type pyramid/multi level marketing bullshit.

n00b
    Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by booqt View Post
    Hey, just an FYI....in Canada, pyramid schemes, such as this are 100% ILLEGAL. And everyone involved in it could be punished to the full extent of the law.
    I was called for an interview by this company as well, and the questions I was asked over the phone were very lame and repetitive. It did not sound like a typical 'phone interview' and was obvious the person on the other end didn't have a clue as to what they were doing. I almost went to the actual interview, but saw that this 'company' was located in a run-down building in a sleazy neighborhood. There wasn't even a sign anywhere on the building (I was looking for a big one with Canada in it), they didn't even have a sign on the door to the building's lobby. I looked through the window and saw their name on a directory in very small letters. I just turned around and went home. If they are so 'national', they would be able to afford a better office building,

I recommend to stay away from these guys, there's trouble written all over it.

If you're wondering about a company's reputation, a good place to look is the Better Business Bureau. You can find out how long they've been around, even if they're not accredited with the BBB, and it will also show you how many customer complaints in the last few years, the name of the founder, etc.
    now where did you get the phone interview they called me asked if i was still interested in the job and if i was looking for full time man then had a group interview then a one on one they never did a phone interview had them before so it sounds like someone is just trying to immitate there business

n00b
    Rep
    You should learn how to use .'s and ,'s because your shit is hard to read.
    Last edited by TyTryon; 05-07-2011 at 06:23 PM.

n00b
    Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    now where did you get the phone interview they called me asked if i was still interested in the job and if i was looking for full time man then had a group interview then a one on one they never did a phone interview had them before so it sounds like someone is just trying to immitate there business
    So because one person got a phone interview in the past an you did an in person interview, someone is "immitating" their business? Sounds logical.

Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    oh yes things have changed you make 500 a week take home reguardless if you get sales or not as long as you can go visit 20 ppl they give you per week and they are generous with the bonus too when you do make a sale
    reply to watcha comment
    $500 a week isn't very much, and if you only make $500 a week with them it will be VERY briefly, as they will quickly show you the door for being a non-closer.

n00b
    Rep
    I worked for AIL Kitchener for about 4 months. God it was hell (in my opinion). YOU have to pay for all licensing which should scream at you right away since most legit large companies will pay for training for you. It took forever to get started so you better have money to live off while you wait to actually start making money.

@watcha when I was there it was totally commission based and I did have some killer weeks but then would have a week with no sale and make no money. (Not my cup of tea) It is very stressful if you are not making sale. Most ppl you deal with are lower income families who are usually not looking to add huge expenses to their lives. They only provided me leads for the first bit then they expect you to get your own leads through families you have met etc.

The working hours were brutal. 6 days a week minimum and they really try to push you to work 7 says a week and make you feel like you job is on the line if you don't want to work like a dog. 5 days on the road seeing "potential" buys and 2 days in the office making "cold calls". They try and say that they are not cold calls but really most people you call have no idea who you are and you have to explain that it is something offered through their union.

To be honest most people don't even need what AIL provides. Any typical work insurance or personal insurance covers enough.

Anyways I hated it, the $500 a week is new and better but as @watcha said I would say you might get 2-3 weeks of zero sales and you will be fired for not "Closing" (or persuading ppl to buy something they clearly don't need hence why you didn't get any sales that week)

Some ppl are into that but I wasn't and by their turnover rate 90% of ppl aren't!!
    Last edited by noahhova; 05-24-2011 at 11:42 AM.

n00b
    Rep
    Bean,

I have been with AIL for 8 1/2 years and I can tell you that what we do is not for everyone.

The company is NOT scam and provide real insurance products to hard working people. People who say this is pyramide
    or a scam are really ignorant and I feel truly sorry for them.

What we do is not for everyone, all the best in your career search.

Alexxx

n00b
    Rep
    If those are the people you truly feel sorry for, you need to adjust your sympathy meter.

Rep
    AIL is one tier above Scam, they actually sell something to a client. The pyramid is still there though and is how you make the larger amount of money over time.

Rep
    its insurance

n00b
    Rep
    I have been out of work for a while and just got an email for an interview with this company. I googled and came to this forum. I've registered and just wanted to thank everybody for posting, this job def not for me and glad I didn't waste my time or theirs.

n00b
    Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by BillP View Post
    I have been out of work for a while and just got an email for an interview with this company. I googled and came to this forum. I've registered and just wanted to thank everybody for posting, this job def not for me and glad I didn't waste my time or theirs.
    Ditto, on the sentiments, BillP. Been out of work awhile and just received a "cold email" last week claiming that my resume had been passed onto them. Irony is I've landed a job and only did a little digging into this because I'm getting frustrated as it's taking so long to get started (Without using names its a large American corp, not in insurance, that does a major background check. Everything must be cleared by head office before you can start. Been "their guy" for 1 1/2 months now waiting, was supposed to start today). Looks like AIL wouldn't be any improvement. As Alexxx said "it isn't for everyone." I already know myself and the invisible product side of sales is not for me. Thanks for all the info.

n00b
    Rep
    Thank you everyone for your well-informed comments. I know for sure this company is not suited for me as I have been called for an interview tomorrow. I asked if my interview be on Friday since I work half day on Fridays for the summer but she said it would be too late. I was planning to call-in-sick with my current job but now that I was doing some research of this company and stumble into this forum, it's a blessing in disguise. Because I would not get paid for calling in-sick. Now I can relax and relieved.

Rep
    I just got 2 more emails from them today asking if I was still interested in coming in to speak with them about their "great" opportunities. I guess they didn't get the hint when I called last time and declined the interview.

n00b
    Rep
    Good for you Bean. . . .wish I had done that. They are a joke. Against my better judgement, I went through the whole interview process, paid for the LLQP training and the Provincial Exam. I was desperately looking for work so I decided to give it a try. How stupid was I. It is true, they do expect you to work 7 days a week, 12 hours a day. Their "Senior" Agents. . .(23 year-old wannabes) are brainwashed and trying to do the same to others. How ridiculous I feel it took me a month of working with them to realize it was a waste of my time. I am a mother with a life. . .was not going to spend my precious moments with AIL anymore. I recommend to everyone who is contacted by this company. . .don't do it. There are much better companies to work for if you want to be in the insurance business. I am happy to say I have found one.

n00b
    Rep

AIL

Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    Good point.
    These are all things I heard before. I am driven enough to succeed.
    Just not sure this is the right move for me.

Hi there, I actually have an interview with them tomorrow. I will come back on here afterword to tell you my opinion and assesment. Hope that I may be of some assistance.
    Jc

Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by justin cameron View Post
    Hi there, I actually have an interview with them tomorrow. I will come back on here afterword to tell you my opinion and assesment. Hope that I may be of some assistance.
    Jc
    Curious to hear your input JC. I'm sure it will be much like others interviews...very amp'd up and excited to share their great company experience with you. Just beware of what's between the lines.
    ~ Resident Lumberjack ~

Huzzah!
    Rep
    Lol, cool that this thread turns up in search results, I suppose.

I'll just assume it's exactly like an interview I went to just out of high school 10 years ago for Primerica. Run, run far.

Rep
    When I went yrs ago...it was all Raw Raw Siss Boom Baa about what they do and almost over amp'd. Trying to suck you in and then finding out about the pyramid scheme was pretty shitty. But glad I found that out before I got involved. Good for people to kinda know if they are getting emails from the company like I was or looking into working for them.

Not saying there isn't someone out there that this job works for...I'm sure there is. But it's just not for me!
    ~ Resident Lumberjack ~

Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by justin cameron View Post
    Jc
    Hey JC....if you're still lurking...curious how the interview went and what your thoughts were?
    ~ Resident Lumberjack ~

Thread Information